Social Worker - Referral & Assessment - Suffolk - £34,472 - £39,759 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Referral & Assessment Team based in Suffolk's Stowmarket office.
With salaries paying up to £39,759 and £3,500 annual retention payment followed with an 'Outstanding' Ofsted report there has never been a better time to join Suffolk.
Benefits as Referral & Assessment Social Worker include:
* Working for one of the leading social work authorities in the UK, whose children's services are rated as 'Outstanding' by Ofsted - 'Services for children are of an exceptionally high standard. They are child-focused and make a positive difference to children's lives.' (Ofsted, 2019)
* £4,000 retention payment annually
* Car lease scheme
* Performance related pay progression
* Instant e-vouchers for some of the UKs top retailers, such as 8% off at M&S, 5% off at Tesco and 4% off at Sainsburys, plus discounts at hundreds of other retailers and brands
* Financial wellbeing support, including low interest loan
* Access to the Suffolk Credit Union
* Tax free bike scheme
* Flexible working arrangements - you can apply for different work patterns, sabbaticals & job sharing
* Generous annual leave - up to 36 days per year
* Clear career progression path
* Relocation package up to £8000
* Welcome loan of £2,000 for all new social workers moving to Suffolk.
* Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
* Staff can commute on public transport at half price on most routes, and for free on the following routes: Mulleys buses in BuryPark and Ride, Route 8/13 and free town centre shuttle in Ipswich or Route 101 in Lowestoft
Duties as a Referral & Assessment Social Worker include:
* Work directly with children, young people and families using the Suffolk Signs of Safety and Wellbeing framework.
* Where the role requires, act as Lead Professional for named families, being the key contact with the family and liaising with other professionals to provide a joined-up response.
* Use Suffolk signs of safety principles, disciplines and tools.
* Participate in CAF, multi-agency assessment, Statutory Assessment and other relevant assessment processes and offer management oversight where required.
* Work alongside children, young people, parents and families where there are early signs of social, emotional, health or behavioural issues to bring about sustainable improvement.
* Undertake direct observation of practice, with effective feedback to offer quality assurance.
* Work within the service guidelines, statutory guidance and legal frameworks.
* Support colleagues and partners to develop evidenced based practice.
Requirements as a Referral & Assessment Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
* UK Driving license holder
* Post-qualified experience
* Completed ASYE