Social Worker - LD Forensic Team - Manchester - £30 per hour
An experienced Social Worker is required to join the Learning Disabilities Forensic Team in Manchester. The team support those in mental health acute or specialist learning disability hospitals in readiness for discharge but also once they are living in the community - under s117 responsibilities.
You will be joining a fantastic team which is made up of Social Workers and Learning Disability Nurses and the expectation is that those joining the team work in an integrated and cooperative way with all colleagues and partners.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* High pay rate
* Working on both the hospital and community
* Remote working with rare visits to the office
Duties as a Social Worker include:
* Act as the Social Work voice of the Multi-disciplinary Team.
* Prepare and present reports for Mental Health Tribunals, and provide links between the inpatient service, carers and families, partner agencies and community teams.
* Ensure the social care needs of all service users are met in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines, Directorate policies, standards and guidelines.
* Being responsible for managing a complex case load working with people who have mental health problems.
* Completing ongoing comprehensive social care assessments and reports as required from pre-admission to discharge stage.
* Conducting risk assessment and risk management.
* Relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
* Dealing with complex and varied cases.
* Communicating effectively with service users.
* Organising and prioritising workload whilst managing time effectively.
* Working effectively with people at all levels and from other agencies/disciplines
* Commitment to the principles of partnership and of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
Requirements as a Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.