SEN Casework Officer - Kensington and Chelsea, London - £150 per day
We are currently looking for an SEN Casework Officer to join a fantastic team in Kensington and Chelsea, London. The successful candidate must have previous experience of working within an SEN Team, and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As an SEN Casework Officer, you will provide comprehensive casework management and administrative support to ensure the effectiveness of the SEN Casework and Commissioning Service and Management Team, in accordance with the requirements of the Children's & Families Act 2014 and the SEND Code of Practice.
The benefits of this SEN Casework Officer role:
* Potential 12m contract covering secondment
* Great authority
* Strong management
* Long contract
* Brilliant teams
* Working from home
* Laptop provided
Duties as a SEN Casework Officer:
* Manage and process, under the direction of the responsible SEN Key-Worker, statutory and non-statutory casework within legal and internal timelines for an allocated caseload, including complex cases and those involving appeal hearings and other legal proceedings
* Provide support to the SEN Key-Worker on casework issues involving written and oral communication with parents and a range of professionals, including: school staff, Educational Psychologists, Medical Officers, Social Workers and LA Officers
* Arrange, attend and minute meetings as required by the SEN Key-Worker.
* Ensure that all staff who may be involved in a particular case are kept informed of any developments so that appropriate liaison/ joint action may occur
* Arrange the recommended educational placements and travel assistance for children with special educational needs and follow established administrative procedures for regular monitoring and review
* Liaise with other authorities on a range of issues including placement of Children Looked After, applications for places in Tri-borough Special Schools and the setting up, monitoring and reviewing of arrangements for supporting children in other authorities
Essential requirements of this SEN Casework Officer role:
* Excellent IT skills
* Previous experience in an SEN Team
* Knowledge and experience of children's services
* Strong knowledge of local education, health and social care provision Experience of administering SEN Statutory Assessment processes
* Experience of working with school staff at all levels
* Excellent administrative skills including confidence in using Microsoft Office
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.