Social Worker - Fostering Service - Swindon - £37,061 to £40,072 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Social Worker to join Swindon's successful Fostering Team.
Swindon's teams are ambitious and proactive. In the Fostering Service, they are looking for a committed social care professional with sound knowledge of fostering legislation and practice issues who will be able to continue to deliver the same high standards of service. Experience within Fostering Recruitment, Form F, Special Guardianship and Connected Persons assessments, as well as the support and supervision of approved foster carers is essential.
Benefits as a Fostering Service Social Worker include:
* £3000 "golden hello" payment after 1 years' service
* Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years' service and a further £2000 after 3 years' service
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
* Competitive salaries
* Free car parking at our central Swindon campus
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 31 days after 10 years' service
* Leisure and Legal Services discounts
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
* "Happy to talk Flexible working"
Duties as a Fostering Service Social Worker include:
* Working collaboratively with all stakeholders to ensure that children and young people in our care reach their full potential.
* Undertaking Form F, Special Guardianship and Connected Persons assessments.
* Supporting and supervising approved foster carers.
* Fostering recruitment and assessment of prospective special guardians, kinship, connected persons carers & general carers in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
* Assist with local recruitment activities, including participation in initiatives, as well as monitoring and evaluation of effectiveness of methods.
* Undertakes initial visits.
* Undertakes formal assessment using the BAAF Form F and adhering to the standards and requirements of the process.
Requirements as a Fostering Service Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
* Must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act - for the effective performance of a customer-facing role).