Support Worker - Children's - Middlesbrough - £10 per hour
Shifts: 10am - 10pm, 2pm -10am, 7am - 10am
There will be the need to cover some waking nights shifts as well. 2 roles are 37 hours each and rotas are completed 4 weeks in advance.
We are currently looking for experienced Support Workers to join a fantastic service in Middlesbrough. The post holder will be based initially in Holly Lodge Children's Home but will be expected to be prepared to work in any Middlesbrough Children's Home or Centre as needed, or to work with children who are living in the community.
The successful candidates will be expected to provide a high quality of care and support, which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, behavioural, health, social and cultural needs of children and their families. This will include working with children with very challenging behaviour, complex emotional problems, Autism and learning disabilities.
The benefits of this Support Worker role:
* Competitive pay rate
* Rotas completed 4 weeks in advance
* Stable and supportive team and management
* Relevant training and development
Duties and responsibilities as a Support Worker:
* Provide a high quality of care and support, which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, behavioural, health, social and cultural needs of the children and families for whom the Centre provides a service. This post will include supporting young people with personal care. This will also include working in the home, and also working to support children in the community, in other settings, and working in children's own homes.
* Follow Care Plans and any other plans in place for the child, including safeguarding plans, health plans, and behavioural plans.
* Support the child attending educational, religious, social, and cultural activities.
* Supervising contact between children, young people and members of their family or others as directed by the court, or in line with Care Planning.
Essential requirements of this Support Worker role:
* NVQ Level 3 healthcare / health and social care qualification
* 1+ years' experience in a healthcare role
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* We will assist you from the initial phone call onwards throughout the whole process
* Twice weekly payroll
* Competitive hourly rates
* Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
* Interview and coaching support
* Pre and post placement support to ensure you're happy in the role