Social Work Team Manager - Looked After Children - Southampton - Up to £45 per hour
An experienced Social Work Team Manager is required to join the Looked After Children Team in Southampton.
The successful Team Manager will be responsible for delivery of a statutory service to support young people in care, whilst managing a team of social workers to deliver effective care plans with a focus on achieving permanence and ensuring improved performance and outcomes for children.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Excellent pay rate
* Non case-holding position
* Supportive senior management team
* Inclusive of agency workers
* Accessible offices with commuting links
Duties as a Children Looked After Team Manager include:
* Lead the team by providing appropriate support to ensure the delivery of high-quality services.
* Produce accurate and timely case file records and the effective use of resources to statutory and legislative requirements.
* Oversee the distribution of caseloads to ensure that the child or young person's needs are met appropriately.
* Make clear decisions around threshold for cases that are part of legal planning meetings, strategy decisions, ensuring at each point risk is evaluated and decisions are recorded on the case file.
* Sign off-key decision-making points with quality assurance undertaken and the provision of regular management oversight on case files
* Carry out regular quality assurance activities including observations, case reviews, team and peer moderated audits that collaboratively involve social work staff to support their professional development, improve the consistency of practice and seek the views of families.
* Attend Head of Service Performance clinics with a clear narrative for performance in their team and actions to be undertaken to address areas for development.
* Create, implement and monitor a team plan which links to service and strategic objectives with the overall aim to improve performance.
Requirements as a Social Work Team Manager include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.