Independent Reviewing Officer - Sandwell - Up to £46,845 per annum
We are currently looking for an Independent Reviewing Officer (social work qualified) to join a fantastic team in Sandwell.
The successful candidate will require excellent verbal and written communication skills, and will need to be insightful, skilled and passionate about working with children and young people of all ages and developmental abilities, to help engage them in planning for their lives and achieve best outcomes with them.
The benefits of this Independent Reviewing Officer role:
* The role is flexible
* Balance your life and work with our family friendly policies
* Flexible working patterns that suit you
* Great technology to keep you connected
* Join a truly agile workforce
* It's rewarding.
* Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
* Up to £6500 relocation package
* £1500 refer a friend scheme
* Your SWE Registration paid for
As an Independent Reviewing Officer working in the Trust you will:
* Independently chair child protection conferences and/or the statutory reviews of children looked after ensuring that plans are in place that are robust, achievable and regularly reviewed
* Work closely with the Social Workers and Team Managers across our Children and Families teams and strengthen our existing team of Independent Reviewing Officers by ensuring that the plans for children fully reflect each child's needs, that all planning processes meet regulatory requirements, reflect best practice and maintain a focus on achieving best outcomes for the child.
* Provide robust oversight of the progression of Children's plans and where there are blocks provide robust and authoritative communication and escalation processes to negotiate within the authority up to the highest level to seek resolution and outcomes required for the child
Essential requirements of this Independent Reviewing Officer role:
* Social Work qualified
* Social Work England registration
* Post qualified experience in children's services
* The legal right to work in the UK