Team Manager - Duty and Assessment Service - Northamptonshire - up to £53,494 per annum + £2,200 Welcome Bonus!
We are seeking an experienced team manager, with a current Social Work England registration to join our client's Duty and Assessment Service in Northamptonshire. As a team manager, you will be responsible for allocating and prioritising workloads effectively to ensure the care of the child is paramount, whilst also ensuring you develop your team to provide an effective and efficient service.
The successful team manager will have responsibility for the team plan to meet objectives and ensure performance targets are achieved. You will provide leadership to your team, who will consist of each team consists of a Team Manager, Advanced Practitioner, who holds complex cases and supports 5 or 6 Social Workers / Senior Social Workers and a Newly Qualified Social Worker within their team.
The benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* The opportunity to personally contribute to improving the service
* Monthly high-quality supervision
* 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (with service rises to 32 days plus bank holidays)
* opportunity to buy back up to 5 weeks of additional holiday each year
* Subsidised pension scheme
* Additional 12 weeks of maternity leave at 50%
* Employee discount schemes
* Lease car scheme
* Up to £8,000 relocation payment
* Signs of Safety training
* An onsite academy delivering a variety of learning & development opportunities
The Duty and Assessment Service:
* The Duty and assessment Team is the single point of contact for all safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people in Northamptonshire.
* Professionals from a range of services that have contact with children, young people, their families and carers, collaborate to ensure immediate and prompt responses; their combined knowledge and expertise keeping children and young people in Northamptonshire safe from harm.
* With a rotating duty element, the team works at pace, completing robust short-term quality assessments of need, ensuring the right service provision is in place. Skilled social workers in these teams are friendly and confident professionals, who are able to work collaboratively to very tight deadlines and ensure the child's voice is evident throughout.
* There are 6 teams within DAAT, each team consists of a Team Manager, Advanced Practitioner, who holds complex cases and supports 5 or 6 Social Workers / Senior Social Workers and a Newly Qualified Social Worker within their team. We collaborate with other professionals to ensure immediate and prompt responses. Their combined knowledge and expertise keep children and young people in Northamptonshire safe from harm. We are supporting excellence in Social Work practice, with a signs of safety-based approach, and clear personal development opportunities for the right candidates.
* We have a range of opportunities in Northampton for experienced social workers who will contribute creatively to the development of this evolving service.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Social Work England registration
* Qualified social worker with previous leadership experience in a similar role
* The legal right to work in the UK