Social Work Team Manager - Children's - Sandwell - £47,845 to £50,900 per annum + £2500 market supplement
Liquid Personnel have recently partnered with Sandwell's Children Trust to provide them with an experienced Team Manager (social work qualified). This is a great opportunity to join a well-established service, managed by a long-standing senior management team.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Flexible working opportunities
* 15 days per year professional development
* Nationally recognised Trauma informed Practice (TiP) training with Dr Karen Triesman
* Clear and supported career progression
Duties as a Social Work Team Manager:
* Provide the highest level of professional service within care management and be responsible for advice, supervision, decision, support and delegated functions.
* Deliver effective management support and individual supervision and guidance to a team of social work staff
* Ensure that the allocation of work within the team meets the need of the children and families within Sandwell and be responsible for the recruitment and appointment of social work and other relevant staff in the service area.
* Support social workers and quality assure their assessments, statements and the formulation of plans for children, including, where required, those placed before the court
* Monitor and report on the team's performance, standards and quality of work to ensure compliance with the Trust's requirements
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to encourage team working.
* A Qualified Social Worker with significant experience in Children's Services
* Social Work England registration
* Experience of supervising or managing a team
* Substantial experience within the court arena
* You will require knowledge of the latest policy and guidance around children's social care and safeguarding
* A strong understanding of financial and resource management.
* Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, a head for complexity, and know how to improve services.
* The legal right to work in the UK