Social Worker - Children and Young People's Service - Durham - £27 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker (social work qualified) to join the Children and Young People's Service in Durham.
They are looking for an experienced Social Worker, who has the expertise to support families, keeping children safe and enabling them both to thrive.
The benefits of this Advanced Practitioner role:
* £27per hour
* They offer extensive training opportunities and strong administrative support
* Stable and supportive team and management
Duties of this Social Worker role:
* Communicate clearly and sensitively, building effective relationships with children, young people and families and other professionals. Listen to their views and enable their full participation in assessment, planning, and review
* Build and maintain high quality and appropriate professional relationships with children, young people, and families to enable positive change to take place. Support children, young people, and families even they are angry, hostile, and resistant to change. Manage tensions between parents, carers, and family members, in ways that show persistence, determination and professional confidence.
* Promote optimal child development and be alert to signs that may indicate that the child is not meeting key developmental milestones, has been harmed or is at risk of harm
* Identify the impact of adult mental ill health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, physical ill health and disability on family functioning, social circumstances, and child development
* Carry out in-depth and ongoing family assessment of social need and risk to children, with particular emphasis on parental capacity and capability to change
* Ensure that the voice of the child is heard, and that families and partner agencies contribute in a meaningful way to the assessment
* Make realistic, child centred, plans within a review timeline, which will manage and reduce identified risks and meet the needs of the child. Ensure that children, young people and families, and partner agencies participate fully
* Produce well argued, focused, and jargon free case notes, plans and reports e.g. single assessments and court reports
* Present a clear analysis and a sound rationale for actions and conclusions
Essential Requirements as a Social Worker:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Knowledge of a range of social work theories relevant to the role
* Ability to empower children, young people, and their families in make long term positive changes for their future
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience in children's services
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.