Social Worker - Adoption Team - Southend-On-Sea - £32,234 - £37,890 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced Adoption Social Worker to join a fantastic team in Southend-On-Sea. The team consists of 6 social workers, a manager and 2 administrators and covers all aspects of adoption work.
The successful applicant will be involved in the recruitment, assessment, and support of prospective adopters. Alongside this they will have the opportunity to be involved in finding families for children requiring adoption and in supporting the child's social worker in negotiating through the adoption process.
There is also an increasing opportunity to support young people and adults in a post adoption capacity.
This is an excellent opportunity for a social worker who wishes to widen their knowledge of the adoption process and be a part of a small friendly team.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Relocation grant of up to £8,000
* Welcome Payment of £1000 upon joining and a subsequent retention payment of £2000 per year.
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
* Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
Duties of this Social Worker role:
* Communicate clearly and sensitively, building effective relationships with children, young people and families and other professionals. Listen to their views and enable their full participation in assessment, planning, and review.
* Build and maintain high quality and appropriate professional relationships with children, young people, and families to enable positive change to take place.
* Support children, young people and families even they are angry, hostile and resistant to change.
* Manage tensions between parents, carers and family members, in ways that show persistence, determination and professional confidence.
* Promote optimal child development and be alert to signs that may indicate that the child is not meeting key developmental milestones, has been harmed or is at risk of harm.
* Identify the impact of adult mental ill health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, physical ill health and disability on family functioning, social circumstances, and child development.
* Carry out in-depth and ongoing family assessment of social need and risk to children, with particular emphasis on parental capacity and capability to change.
* Ensure that the voice of the child is heard, and that families and partner agencies contribute in a meaningful way to the assessment.
* Make realistic, child centred, plans within a review timeline, which will manage and reduce identified risks and meet the needs of the child.
* Ensure that children, young people and families, and partner agencies participate fully.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work qualified
* SWE registration and the legal right to work in the UK
* Post qualified experience in Children's Services