Social Work Team Manager - Child Exploitation - Dudley - £47,711 to £51,249 per annum
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Team Manager to join our clients Child Exploitation Service. If you have the skill, determination and commitment to improve outcomes for children and families, and the drive to continue the positive development within the service, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The successful Team Manager will be responsible for the leadership and management of a social work team, ensuring that vulnerable children and their families receive responsive services that safeguard and promote their welfare.
Benefits as Social Work Team Manager:
* Great transport links
* Position that provides great career enhancement
* Friendly and supportive team
* Supportive management
* Work flexibly and are open to discuss hours to suit.
* Progression and Secondment opportunities
Your duties as a Social Work Team Manager:
* Developing innovative ways of supporting young people at risk of Child Criminal Exploitation and Child Sexual Exploitation.
* To provide operational leadership, vision and direction by delivering service improvement within children's social work with particular emphasis on child exploitation.
* Line manage a small team of Social workers and family support staff.
* Chair MACE, strategy and Disruption meetings to discuss the risks facing young people.
* To work with a range of multi-agency partners to coordinate and delivery safety plans for vulnerable children and young people.
* Undertake a proactive, performance management role in relation to a caseload of Child protection and Child in need cases where the focus of risk is external to the family.
* We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and vulnerable adults; therefore, the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
* We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date should a large number of applications be received.
* Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
* Please be aware that on site/office-based working will apply alongside an element of remote/home working.
Your requirements of a Social Work Team Manager are:
* You must be Social Work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
* Have completed section 47 investigation.
* Possess a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
* Have the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
* Good knowledge of child development
* A clear decision maker and good team worker.
* A current Enhanced DBS
* Social Work England Registration
* Legal Right to Work in the UK