Placement Officer - Islington - £19.70 - £20.54 per hour
Our client in Islington are currently looking for a Placement Officer to join their Children's Placement Team.
The role works in partnership with a range of stakeholders including Youth Offending, Housing Providers and Adult Social Services and the teams under Safeguarding and Family Support, to plan for and meet the housing and accommodation needs of Looked After Children and homeless young people aged 16 and 17.
As a Placement Officer, you will be providing advice and guidance to social workers and managers on a range of regulated placement options, housing and accommodation options for young people and the commissioning of these placements.
The benefits of this Placement Officer role include:
* Great management
* 3-6-month contract with Potential to extend
* Experience with commissioning LAC needed
* Excellent training and development opportunities
Duties as a Placement Officer:
* To offer consultation to team managers, deputy team managers and social workers about individual children and placement planning
* To ensure that value for money (cost, quality, and outcomes) are considered in planning decisions for children becoming looked after
* To produce commissioning reports required for court proceedings and funding panel
* To improve the quality of practice in the production of placement specifications which inform the commissioning of placements
* To quality assure referrals at each commissioning stage to ensure compliance with care planning regulations and commissioning standards
* To work in partnership with in-house providers to maximise in-house and/or consortium occupancy levels
* To provide the CLA service with commissioning expertise to support effective commissioning at the individual child level and contribute towards securing the stability of placements
* To offer commissioning advice at care / placement focused meetings (e.g. disruption meetings and placement planning meetings)
* To work with social workers to review the commissioning arrangements for individual children for the life of the placement and ensure providers are able to meet the outcomes specified for children and young people
Essential requirements of this Assessment and Planning Officer role:
* A commissioning related qualification (e.g. MCIPS) OR experience of commissioning, purchasing, and contracting in this type of setting
* Knowledge or experience of statutory frontline children's social work, including looked after children and/or care leavers
* Experience of assessing risk and managing plans to safeguard children
* Knowledge of all relevant legislation, guidance in relation to safeguarding children and young people
* Understanding of how outcomes inform the procurement and monitoring of placements
* This role will require you to obtain an Enhanced/Standard satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.