Social Worker - Children Looked After - Swindon - £35 per hour
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Children Looked After Team based in Swindon.
The Children Looked After team works with children who are under 16 years old who have a care plan of long-term foster care, vulnerable children transfer into the team after care proceedings conclude and remain with us until they're sixteen. The team has manageable caseloads of between 14 and 16 children.
Benefits as a Children Looked After Social Worker include:
* Commuting/ accommodation expenses for those further away
* Mixture of office and home working
* Manageable Caseloads 14-16
* Supportive senior managers
* Inclusive of agency workers
Duties as a Children Looked After Social Worker include:
* Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
* Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
* Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
* Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
* Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
* Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
* Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
* Write high quality reports as required and where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
Requirements as a Children Looked After Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.