Consultant Social Worker - Practiced Insights (non case holding) - Merton - £42,855 - £45,834 per annum
We are currently looking for a Consultant Social Worker to join the Practiced Insights Team in Merton. This is an excellent opportunity for a Social Worker to take on a non-case holding position. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an exciting, motivated, and experienced team. Merton's children's services are judged to be Good by Ofsted.
Merton are committed to ensuring manageable workloads and regular, meaningful supervision. The new staffing structure provides clear career progression pathways and opportunities.
The newly created Consultant Social Worker posts are designed to recognise the skills of experienced Senior Social Workers working to the Advanced Social Worker Level of the Professional Capabilities Framework.
The benefits of this Consultant Social Worker role:
* Excellent learning and development programme - with a genuine commitment to your progression, with a structured career progression scheme
* Manageable caseloads
* Appreciation and recognition
* Car allowance
* Golden hello - for new starters within eligible teams in Children's services, they offer a £1500 welcome payment, with half payable on arrival and the other half payable after successful completion of probationary period.
* Pension - all employees are automatically entered into the Local Government Pension Scheme from their first day.
* Annual Leave - entitlement starts at 26 days annual leave per annum, which rises to 31 days after 5 years continuous local government service. Bank holidays are on top of this.
* Relocation package - they offer a relocation package for those who may be relocating in order to join us. If eligible, you may be reimbursed up to £12,000.
* Staff recognition - annual staff excellence awards programme, where staff are invited to nominate colleagues who regularly provide excellent service. The winners are invited to attend an awards evening for dinner and to collect their award. A great night is always had by all!
* Anyone for tennis? - being the host borough to the Wimbledon tennis championships each year, staff are invited to enter an annual ballot for the opportunity to get tickets. The money raised by the nominal entrance fee goes to the Mayor's charity.
Key job duties as a Consultant Social Worker:
* To demonstrate all the skills, knowledge, and experience of an Advanced Social Worker within the BASW Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF)
* To act as an agent of change working directly alongside children, young people, their families, and carers, maintaining a focus on the best interests of the child
* To maintain an overview of the work of the team; manage a caseload; co-work and provide expert support and consultation to colleagues in the delivery of skilled and knowledgeable statutory social work interventions for children, families or carers with significant complexities who are provided with services because they are:
* children in need,
* children in need of protection,
* children in care
* prospective and approved foster carers and special guardians
* To contribute to the delivery of high-quality social work services to children, families, and carers to ensure the welfare of children is safeguarded and they are protected in accordance with the legal and statutory obligations of London Borough of Merton.
* To act as a Practice Educator and Practice Assessor and supervise, mentor and coach social workers, social work students and ASYE social workers as required.
* To contribute to the management of the team in meeting service objectives, key performance targets and statutory requirements of social work legislation by acting as expert practice consultants to team members, to other social workers, student and ASYE social workers, practitioners, and external professionals.
* To coach and mentor social work students, ASYE social workers, social work staff and practitioners within the team to ensure that their work meets professional standards of proficiency and contributes to the achievement of safeguarding and positive outcomes for children, families, and carers.
* To take an active role in the Consultant Social Worker operational group and contribute to the overall development of practice and the service in order to meet service objectives, key performance targets and statutory requirements of children's social care legislation and guidance.
* To offer expert advice, guidance and consultancy across the Division, wider Council, and local partnership.
* To deputise for your line manager as necessary and appropriate.
Essential requirements of this Consultant Social Worker role:
* Social Work Qualification (master's in social work or Social Work BA/BSc, Diploma in Social Work, CQSW)
* Registered as a social worker with Social Work England (SWE) and compliant with the regulators professional standards.
* Holds a Practice Educator Professional Stage 1 qualification and continues to meet the PEP standards.
* Holds or is willing to secure within 12 months a Practice Educator Professional Stage 2 qualification and meets the PEP standards
* Holds a Post Qualifying award in social work or systemic social work practice with Children, Young people, Families and Carers (specialist post qualifying award in social work)
* Evidence of continuing professional development relevant to supporting the learning and development of others, improving practice and the duties of this role
* Evidence of mentoring and supervision
* In depth knowledge of relationship-based practice and principles
* In depth knowledge of a range of social work tools, approaches and evidence-based interventions including Signs of Safety and systemic social work
* The legal right to work in the UK