Senior Practitioner - Child Protection - Bromley - up to £46,062 + benefits
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Senior Practitioner to join the Child Protection Team based in Bromley.
The successful Social Worker will have the ability to undertake child protection investigations and assessments of risk/need, for cases which meet agreed threshold. Previous statutory Child Protection experience is essential for this role.
Benefits as a Child Protection Senior Practitioner include:
* £2,000 'Golden Hello'
* £2,000 annual retention
* Car Lease Scheme
* Generous annual leave
* Savings with Childcare
* Pension Scheme
Duties a Child Protection Senior Practitioner include:
* Planning, implementing, and terminating interventions.
* Facilitating the provision and co-ordination of appropriate services.
* Working within the Borough's Child Protection guidelines to undertake key worker responsibilities towards children on the child protection register as outlined in para. 6, but additionally:
* Ensure that services are efficiently and effectively provided, liaising as necessary with other divisions, Council Departments, N.H.S. trusts, schools, carers, voluntary and independent sector providers.
* With appropriate supervision, assess for and provide services to children and families in need within the framework of the appropriate legislation, regulations, departmental procedures, and childcare policy. This will include responsibility for children and families where needs are particularly complex and problematic.
* Making a comprehensive assessment of need, in partnership with the child, parents, other family members and professionals as appropriate in accordance with the National Assessment Framework.
* Maintain high standards of professional practice within their own workload and to promote and enhance such practice within the team and division.
* Responsible for supervision of some staff (up to level III Social Workers) in the service and share the operational management of the service.
* Formulating and updating child protection plans, with appropriate guidance from the Group Manager.
Essential requirements as a Child Protection Senior Practitioner include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work