Social Work Team Manager - MASH - London Borough of Haringey - up to £56,100 per annum + Retention Bonuses
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Work Team Manager, to manage a busy MASH Team in London Borough of Haringey. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly ambitious service, which is full of energy and focus.
The MASH Service is a dynamic service where Senior Practitioner Social Workers are encouraged to excel in quick decision making and faced-paced analysis. As a Team Manager, you are required to be multi-facet in your skills and experiences to encourage the best out of our senior practitioners as well as provide exceptional quality-assurance and management oversight.
The service consists of 4 team managers, 8 senior practitioners, 1 Early Help worker, 1 information disclosure officer and 4 Business Support Officers.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Salary up to £56,100 per annum
* Retention Bonus: £2,000/Annum after 18 months employment
* Generous annual leave
* 50 hours a year of personal development training
* Pension scheme
* Flexible working and flexible retirement
Duties as a Social Work Team Manager:
* The Service is responsible for screening new referrals where there are suspected safeguarding concerns in order to determine children's level of need and what support might be appropriate to best manage any outstanding concerns identified.
* The team managers and senior practitioners in the service closely utilise the signs of safety framework and the Haringey Threshold guide to inform decision making.
* As a team manager, you will ensure good quality management oversight, direction and supervision of all cases.
* You will be a strong leader who demonstrates strong management and communication skills. You will ensure that senior practitioners complete accurate and timely MASH screening in line with MASH timescales.
* You will have a strong analytical mind that is able to take key performance indicators into account in order to identify trends and patterns that will enable you to identify areas of improvement within the service and strategies to achieve this.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Social Work qualified, with extensive post qualified experience
* Social Work England registration
* Previous experience managing social workers but experience as a team manager within a MASH team is preferable or at least within an assessment team is desirable
* Highly organised and able to deliver to tight deadlines, and able to work independently whilst maintaining a team and whole service focus
* The legal right to work in the UK