Social Worker / Senior Social Worker - Looked After Children - Brent - £34,209 - £42,855 per annum + £5,000 welcome bonus
Our client in Brent, London require an experienced Social Worker / Senior Social Worker to join their Looked After Children Team. this is an excellent opportunity to join an authority which has been rated "Good" by Ofsted, with an "Outstanding" grade for the service they provide to children in care and care leavers.
The successful Social Worker / Senior Social Worker will be joining a smaller team structure with manageable caseloads and practice consultants supporting social workers in delivering services based around families' needs to allow more relational and purposeful social work.
Benefits of this Social Worker / Senior Social Worker role:
* £5,000 Welcome Bonus
* £1,200 Retention Payment
* Brand new 1 and 2-bed key worker housing apartments available on a subsidised rental basis
* Manageable caseloads across all teams
* A practice framework that provides sturdy roots and areas for you to grow your practice
* Minimum of 10 days training per year
* Career progression policy that maps out how you will grow your career in Brent from ASYE - Team Manager and beyond
* Supportive technology with iPhones, iPads and lightweight laptops
* Modern and vibrant work environment
* Flexible working opportunities including working from home and remote working
* Generous local government pension scheme
* Childcare deposit loan scheme
General duties as a Social Worker / Senior Social Worker:
* Act as the lead professional in statutory cases that require a qualified social worker, including child protection, care proceedings and looked after children cases.
* Undertake the full range of social work tasks with children in need and their families; assessment, planning, implementation and review (APIR).
* Bring together and co-ordinate the team around the child to ensure a multidisciplinary approach to APIR and safeguarding.
* Establish and develop collaborative working with allied health and social care practitioners from children's and adults' services.
* Promote and model effective working arrangements with schools, children's centres and other settings.
The essential requirements of this Social Worker / Senior Social Worker role:
* Relevant social work qualification
* Social Work England registration
* Experience of working across voluntary and statutory agencies
* A good communicator, you will be confident in APIR and understand the needs of children and young people
* You will also have applied knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance
* The legal right to work in the UK