Social Worker - Looked After Children - Southend - £32,234 - £37,890 per annum
We are currently looking for a Social Worker to join a Looked After Children's Team in Southend. As a Social Worker, you will be required to provide an efficient and cost-effective service to children, young people, and their families, ensuring that the needs of the children and their parents/carers are professionally assessed.
The successful Social Worker will investigate, evaluate, and analyse information on cases, demonstrating clarity of assessment, reliability of information, evidences conclusions and realistic action plans
The benefits of this Social Worker role:
* £2,000 retention bonus paid yearly
* Generous annual leave scheme
* Local Government Pension
* Retail and discount offers
* Training and development opportunities
* Parking permits
As a Social Worker you will be responsible for:
* Acting as a corporate parent to our children and being the lead professional.
* Championing the views and wishes of our children and young people so that they may be supported to reach their full potential.
* Working alongside other professionals, to ensure that a child and/or young person receives appropriate care, education and health services, and any other support needed to ensure their needs are appropriately met.
* Supporting children living with relatives, friends of foster families and prospective adopters or children living in children's homes and young people in semi-independent units.
* Ensuring their safety and supporting them towards independence.
* Undertaking regular statutory visits, complete and update assessments and review the children and young people's care plan.
* Occasionally preparing reports and attending court.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work qualified
* Social Work England registered
* The legal right to work in the UK