Social Worker / Senior Practitioner - Family Safeguarding Team - Hertfordshire - up to £44,880 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Worker/Senior Practitioner to join the Family Safeguarding Team based in Hertfordshire.
As a Senior Practitioner, you will already have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice. Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
The successful Social Worker will also have recent experience of case work in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings.
Benefits as a Family Safeguarding Social Worker/ Senior Practitioner include:
* Competitive salary up to £44,880 pa depending on experience (includes Market Forces payment of up to £5000)
* Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments
* Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidates that need to relocate for the role
* Car lease scheme
* Free parking at all our sites
* Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
* Childcare Vouchers
* Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
* Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
Duties as a Family Safeguarding Social Worker/ Senior Practitioner include:
* Shared responsibility for leading and managing less experience staff
* Key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practice alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised.
* To attend group supervision when required and to ensure that relevant updates are provided before each group supervision session.
* Attend individual supervision when required and engage in continual professional development as recommended by the Assistant/Team Manager
* To ensure that all case management complies with the statutory requirements and the Council's policies and procedures
* To act as the duty worker for the team on a rotational basis, responding to new referrals
* Undertake child and family assessments for allocated families
* Investigate allegations of harm or neglect under s47 Children Act 1989 when required.
* To practice in line with the Council's procedures and statutory regulation in supporting children who come into the care of the local authority
* To be familiar with and committed to equal opportunities
* To work with families using the FSP Workbook modules, and a strengths-based approach.
* Prepare and submit written reports as and when required, including child protection conference reports and legal reports for care proceedings.
* Attend conferences, reviews and court as required for each case presenting plans clearly, with professionalism and integrity.
* Offer advice and support to help parents set their own goals and to work towards achieving those changes that will improve their lives to allow children to grow and develop within their own families.
Essential requirements as a Family Safeguarding Social Worker/ Senior Practitioner include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work