Social Worker - Safeguarding - Swindon - £32,231 - £33,537 per annun
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join a Safeguarding Team based in Swindon.
There's never been a better time to join Swindon Children's Services Teams as following a recent inspection, they have been rated 'Good' by Ofsted (July 2019).
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* £3000 "golden hello" payment after 1 years' service
* Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years' service and a further £2000 after 3 years' service
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
* Competitive salaries
* Free car parking at our central Swindon campus
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 30 days after 10 years' service
* Leisure and legal services discounts
* Eating out, shopping and entertainment discounts
* "Happy to talk flexible working"
* Brand new Social Work and Leadership Academy
* Multi-million pound investment into Children's Services at a time when authorities all over the country are cutting budgets.
* Significant restructure creating smaller social worker teams with better supervision, smaller case loads, and more opportunity for CPD
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* To uphold standards of practice for social workers as defined by Social Work England and in accordance with the BASW Professional Capabilities Framework for Social Workers.
* To practice in accordance with the BASW Professional Capabilities Framework for Social Workers (the national occupational standards for the profession) at the level of Social Worker.
* Practice effectively, exercising higher quality judgements, in situations of increasing complexity, risk, uncertainty and challenge.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK