Advanced Social Worker - Self Neglect & Hoarding - Swindon - £38,253 per annum
Liquid Personnel currently have an opportunity for an experienced Advanced Social Worker to join the Self-Neglect and Hoarding Service as a collaboration between Swindon's Live Well and Adult Social Care Teams.
This social work post will be hosted within the Adult Community Team, where you will provide specialist advice and support to other practitioners as well as receiving your own professional supervision.
Swindon are seeking an experienced individual dedicated to working with service users who are living in complex/high risk situations and who may be self-neglecting.
Benefits as a Self-Neglect & Hoarding Advanced Social Worker include:
* Benefit from corporate subscription to RiPFA including attendance at events
* Supervision and support from onsite Leadership team
* Learning and development opportunities
* Social Work & Leadership Academy
* 25 days annual holiday
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* Flexible working arrangements to include some home working
Duties as a Self-Neglect & Hoarding Advanced Social Worker include:
* Meet with the Community Participation Manager at least monthly to monitor the caseload, discussing risks and concerns and agreeing alternative pathways when required.
* Meet with the Self-Neglect and Hoarding Service team at least on a monthly basis for a reflective peer discussion with the view of making improvements to the service as required.
* Work alongside the other Self Neglect & Hoarding service team members, ensuring there is a shared approach to managing the caseload and improving outcomes.
* Undertake assessments, determine care packages / support plans and manage a large and complex caseload to maintain or improve the wellbeing of individuals in line with agreed service procedures and national legislation. Professionally supervise and support other colleagues.
* Participate in and where appropriate chair meetings of internal / external partners and other agencies, Best Interest decision maker, or facilitation of this, CHC joint decision making panels, etc.
* Take a lead role in promoting safeguarding within the team in line with Swindon policy and procedures for safeguarding adults. Perform Investigating Officer and Enquiry Manager role including Section 42 (Care Act) enquiries, as required, usually in complex and / or multiagency working situations.
* Manage a small caseload of complex work, using person centred practice principles to assess, support plan and review with the aim of promoting well-being and positive risk taking of individuals.
* Ensure that personal practice is in line with current legislation, including The Care Act (2014), The Mental Capacity Act (2005) and The Mental Health Act (1983) and local policies and procedures, as relevant to the role.
* Ability to manage and resolve complex and high-risk situations using negotiations and diplomacy, involving individuals, their families, or staff groups. Where these fail pass to senior managers.
Requirements as a Self-Neglect & Hoarding Advanced Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work