Social Work - Team Manager - Family Assessment and Intervention - Merton - £48,819 to £51,837 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Work Team Manager to join the Family Assessment and Intervention Team based in Merton.
Merton have some new opportunities for permanent team managers to lead front line social work teams managing small groups of social workers across the various service areas in the Family Assessment and Intervention Team.
Team Managers, supported by their service managers will have access to supportive multi-agency networks, excellent 1:1 supervision and places on the Firstline systemic management training programme and the BALI leadership programme.
Benefits as a Family Assessment and Intervention Team Manager include:
* Excellent learning and development programme - with a genuine commitment to your progression, with a structured career progression scheme
* Manageable caseloads
* Appreciation and recognition - you can rest assured that we will fully support you in your role through regular supervision and team meetings
* Car allowance - we know you will need to travel around the borough. If you have a car you will receive an allowance to maintain your vehicle, plus mileage and a car park permit. If you don't, we can help you get one with a car loan - essential user car allowance of £963 per annum
* Golden hello - for new starters within eligible teams in Children's services, we offer a £1500 welcome payment, with half payable on arrival and the other half payable after successful completion of probationary period.
* Pension - all employees are automatically entered into the Local Government Pension Scheme from their first day.
* Annual Leave - entitlement starts at 26 days annual leave per annum, which rises to 31 days after 5 years continuous local government service. Bank holidays are on top of this.
* Relocation package - we offer a relocation package for those who may be relocating in order to join us. If eligible, you may be reimbursed up to £12,000.
* Staff recognition - we hold an annual staff excellence awards programme, where staff are invited to nominate colleagues who regularly provide excellent service. The winners are invited to attend an awards evening for dinner and to collect their award. A great night is always had by all!
* Anyone for tennis? - being the host borough to the Wimbledon tennis championships each year, staff are invited to enter an annual ballot for the opportunity to get tickets. The money raised by the nominal entrance fee goes to the Mayor's charity.
Duties as a Family Assessment and Intervention Team Manager include:
* Organise and delegate the workload of the team and provide decision-making, direction, monitoring, professional development and professional supervision of support staff, newly qualified and student/trainee social workers and social workers to ensure high quality of social work practice and interventions for children, young people and families.
* Provide decision-making, direction, support, reflection, professional challenge and containment to the team in situations of high complexity ensuring a high standard of service delivery.
* Support the Service Manager in managing a current and reliable record of allocation, assurance in service provision and ensuring a high standard of service delivery.
* Improve the quality of social work interventions through: undertaking case file audits and ensuring learning from audit activity is implemented into social work practice ; and, formal observations of practice a year on people they supervise
* Deliver professional leadership for staff within a service team and provide effective professional service delivery.
* Ensure that excellent standards of practice and service are provided to service users and their families/ carers.
* Working within a multi-disciplinary context, to develop effective working partnerships with other agencies and services involved to ensure that positive outcomes are achieved in all key areas of children and young people's lives.
* To assist the Service Manager in the management of complaints, representations and appeals in line with service area protocols.
* Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Requirements as a Family Assessment and Intervention Team Manager include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work