Social Worker - Looked After Children - Bedford - £37,890 per annum
An exciting vacancy has become available in Bedford for an experienced Social Worker to join their Looked After Children Team. They will consider Social Workers with a range of experience, which makes this a great opportunity for social workers to change direction and springboard their career.
This is a great time to join Bedford, as they work towards an exciting transformation plan. The focus is on developing the early intervention and prevention strategies and supporting this with an efficient and effective social care system.
Benefits of working for Bedford include:
* Up to £8,000 Relocation Package
* A smaller remit that neighbouring authorities - Bedford covers a relatively small geographical area and therefore limited travel to visits
* Flexible working arrangements
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Technology to support agile working
* A clearly defined career progression scheme for all social workers.
Duties as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* Provide long term support with the children and families they are responsible for, ensuring they have commitment and exit plans in place.
* Work with the local judiciary and other parties to ensure effective conduct of care proceedings, support investigation, protection and accommodation.
* Use contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances that focus on securing the best for children.
* Deliver and provide Social Worker services, at a level appropriate for a professionally qualified post, to young people and families to ensure the welfare of children and young people is safeguarded and they are protected in accordance with the legal and statutory obligations
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* SWE registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A UK Driving license holder
* Post-qualified experience
* Completed ASYE