Social Work Team Manager - Children's Care Management - Dudley - £45,973 - £49,382 per annum
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Social Work Team Manager to join our Care Management Service. If you have the skill, determination and commitment to improve outcomes for children and families, and the drive to continue the positive development within the service, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
You will have responsibility for one of five Care Management teams and will be responsible for ensuring children and their families receive a high quality service through Child in Need, Child Protection and PLO planning.
You will have an assigned administrative co-ordinator and direct access to the Centre for Professional Practice team, with a dedicated Advance Practitioner aligned to support improvement across all of Care Management.
Benefits as a Social Work Team Manager:
* Great transport links
* Position that provides great career enhancement
* Friendly and supportive team
* Supportive management
* Progression and Secondment opportunities
* Work flexibly, and open to discuss hours to suit
Responsibilities as a Social Work Team Manager:
* To have full responsibility for the delivery of services to children, young people, their families and carers, in line with legislation, guidance and local policy and procedures.
* To make highly complex decisions relating to social service provision for children, young people and their families within Dudley.
* To manage allocation of work in accordance with priorities, ensuring that assessments, care plans and reviews are implemented where required and ensure that all statutory time scales are met.
* To work collaboratively with partner agencies, within the children's division and in the voluntary sector to ensure multi-agency assessment, planning, intervention and review.
* To negotiate the provision of services with voluntary and external agencies that supports the delivery of services to children, young people, their families and carers.
* To contribute to the management of services as a member of the Children's Services
Requirements as a Social Work Team Manager:
* Extensive management experience.
* You must be Social Work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
* Have completed section 47 investigation.
* Possess a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
* Have the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
* Good knowledge of child development
* A clear decision maker and good team worker.
* A current Enhanced DBS and registration with Social Work England