Child Protection Chair & IRO - Swindon - £48,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Child Protection Chair and Independent Reviewing Officer (qualified social worker) to join a fantastic service in Swindon. This is an excellent opportunity to join a strong, stable team with good supportive management.
You will be working directly and innovatively with children and their families to make changes that will make a real difference to their lives and outcomes.
This role is a dual role of IRO and CP Chair, but the successful applicant will primarily chair looked after children's reviews. We would therefore welcome applications from people who may only wish to undertake the IRO function.
The benefits of this Child Protection Chair & IRO role:
* £3000 "golden hello" payment after 1 years' service
* Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years' service and a further £2000 after 3 years' service. Both of these are in addition to the salary.
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
* Career development opportunities through the Swindon Social Work and Leadership Academy
* Free car parking at our central Swindon campus
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 30 days after 10 years' service
* Leisure and Legal Services discount
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discount
* Flexible working
Key accountabilities as a Child Protection Chair & IRO:
* To ensure that children/young people are consulted and participate in their looked after children reviews, conferences and meetings
* To ensure that children's rights are adequately addressed
* Chair multi-agency looked after children reviews and child protection conferences ensuring that statutory processes/procedures are followed.
* To chair other meetings as and when required such as complex strategy meetings in defined circumstances.
* To ensure that the minutes and records of meetings are accurate, meet statutory and legal requirements and are available and distributed within the required timescales.
* To undertake management reviews of individual cases as and when required and to audit cases on themes identified to ensure quality and safety or practice.
* To provide independent and professional leadership around practice matters and provide advice to staff.
* To ensure duties are undertaken in a manner that promotes and values diversity and ant discriminatory practice.
* To be responsible for the decision making at conferences and reviews ensuring that there is a framework for reviewing compliance with the plans made.
Essential requirements of this Child Protection Chair & IRO role:
* Qualified Social Worker, with extensive post qualified experience in children's services
* Good communication skills are essential
* Experience of chairing complex meetings is highly desirable
* Social Work England registration
* The legal right to work in the UK