Social Work Team Manager - Children and Families (MASH) - Merton - £48,819 - £51,837 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Work Team Manager to join the Children and Families (MASH) Team based in Merton.
The successful Social Worker will have advanced operational knowledge and practice experience of working alongside children, families and carers using relationship-based principles and a range of systemic social work, signs of safety and solution focussed approaches and tools to effect change.
Benefits as a Children and Families Social Work Team Manager include:
* Excellent learning and development programme
* Manageable caseloads
* Appreciation and recognition - you can rest assured that we will fully support you in your role through regular supervision and team meetings
* Car allowance - essential user car allowance of £963 per annum
* Golden hello - 1500 welcome payment.
* Annual Leave
* Relocation package
* Staff recognition
Duties as a Children and Families Social Work Team Manager include:
* As a team manager, you will ensure good quality management oversight, direction, and supervision of all cases.
* You will be a strong leader who demonstrates strong management and communication skills.
* Ensure that senior practitioners complete accurate and timely MASH screening in line with MASH timescales.
* Take key performance indicators into account to identify trends and patterns that will enable you to identify areas of improvement within the service and strategies to achieve this.
* Organise and delegate the workload of the team and provide decision-making, direction, monitoring, professional development, and professional supervision of support staff, newly qualified and student/trainee social workers and social workers
* Provide direction, support, reflection, professional challenge, and containment to the team in situations of high complexity ensuring a high standard of service delivery
* Undertaking case file audits and ensuring learning from audit activity is implemented into social work practice; and, formal observations of practice a year on people they supervise
* Working within a multi-disciplinary context, to develop effective working partnerships with other agencies and services involved to ensure that positive outcomes are achieved in all key areas of children and young people's lives.
* Responsible for screening new referrals where there are suspected safeguarding concerns to determine children's level of need and what support might be appropriate to best manage any outstanding concerns identified.
Essential requirements as a Children and Families Social Work Team Manager include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work