Social Work Team Manager - Family Support and Safeguarding Service Team - Merton - £48,819 to £51,837 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Work Team Manager to join the Family Support and Safeguarding Service Team based in Merton.
The successful Social Work Team Manager will be ready to step into management and thrive off working 'with' people creating ideas and supporting each other. You will be welcomed into an established culture of collaboration and support for new team managers coming into an already well functioning, supportive team manager group.
Benefits as a Family Support and Safeguarding Service Team Social Worker Team Manager are:
* Excellent learning and development programme
* Manageable caseloads
* Appreciation and recognition
* Car allowance - essential user car allowance of £963 per annum
* Golden hello - offer a £1500 welcome payment
* Annual Leave
* Relocation package
* Staff recognition
* Anyone for tennis? - being the host borough to the Wimbledon tennis championships each year, staff are invited to enter an annual ballot for the opportunity to get tickets. The money raised by the nominal entrance fee goes to the Mayor's charity.
Duties as a Family Support and Safeguarding Service Team Social Worker Team Manager are:
* To provide decision-making, direction, support, reflection, professional challenge, and containment to the team in situations of high complexity
* Support the Service Manager in managing a current and reliable record of allocation, assurance in service provision and ensuring a high standard of service delivery.
* Undertaking case file audits and ensuring learning from audit activity is implemented into social work practice; and, formal observations of practice a year on people they supervise
* Within the framework of current legislation, to deliver professional leadership for staff within a service team and provide effective professional service delivery.
* To ensure that equal opportunities and health and safety policies are fully integrated into the daily working of the team.
* Working within a multi-disciplinary context, to develop effective working partnerships with other agencies and services involved to ensure that positive outcomes are achieved in all key areas of children and young people's lives.
* To assist the Service Manager in the management of complaints, representations and appeals in line with service area protocols.
* Assessments and safety plans and direct work plans for children in need and children with child protection plans
* The quality of direct work with children and the understanding of the child's lived experience
* Safeguarding actions, decisions, and processes to respond to and reduce risk to children
* The frequency and quality of social work visits to children and families
* The progress of children's plans and the effectiveness of the social work intervention in securing sustainable change
* The engagement and effectiveness of family and professional networks progressing plans and increasing safety for children
* step-down and transfer arrangements for children and families leaving the team
Requirements as a Family Support and Safeguarding Service Team Social Worker Team Manager are:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work