Social Worker - Learning Disabilities - Bedford - £35 per hour
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Adults Learning Disabilities Team in Bedford.
The purpose of this role as a successful Social Worker is to contribute to the delivery of an effective adult social care service as part of a social work team, improving outcomes and independence for adults and carers.
Benefits as a Learning Disabilities Social Worker include:
* Flexible working available
* Long term contract
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
Duties as a Learning Disabilities Social Worker include:
* To ensure that professional standards and practice are maintained and that responsibility for practice and decision making is undertaken commensurate with the level of experience, knowledge and grade.
* To be able to recognise safeguarding situations and report.
* To undertake appropriate levels of assessments of need in line with national guidance, legislation, SWE codes of practice alongside departmental policies/procedures and guidance
* To develop and implement plans to meet the assessed needs of adults and their carers and to undertake the role of allocated worker.
* To work in partnership with service users and carers in the assessment, planning and review of services.
* To work in partnership with other departments within the local authority, other statutory, voluntary and independent agencies.
Requirements as a Learning Disabilities Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.