Social Work Team Manager - Looked After Children - Hertfordshire - Up to £49,866 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Work Team Manager to join the Looked After Children Team based in Hertfordshire.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Team Manager position within the CLA and Care Leaver service. If you are either a current Team Manager who wish to develop your practice in a different service area or a practitioner with management experience looking to take the next step in your career, this is your opportunity.
The CLA team work with children and young people, their families and other professionals to provide a range of support to keep children and young people safe; assist them to come to terms with what has happened in their lives; provide them with a permanent home and help them prepare for work and independence.
Benefits as a Looked after Children Social Work Team Manager includes:
* Competitive pay rate
* Long contracts for good performance
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
* Flexible working available
Duties as a Looked after Children Social Work Team Manager includes:
* To ensure that all team members are fully aware of and adhere to all relevant statutory policy, codes of practice and procedural guidance.
* To ensure the effective development of staff and service.
* To ensure the Council fulfils its statutory responsibilities in accordance with legislation and guidance pertaining to Children in need, in need of protection, subject to care proceedings and looked after statutory duties.
* To allocate, monitor and control work and necessary resources to individual team members and to review and assess individual performance against agreed plans and standards.
* To ensure that all staff are offered appropriate supervision and development opportunities to encourage consistent and high standards of professionalism and managerial competence amongst all team members in line with Children's Services quality standards.
* To encourage user participation in the planning review and evaluation of services and in the organisation and development of services within the community.
* To advise the Head of Service on any issues, changes or constraints which limit the effective operation of the team and the provision of an effective social work service to children and families.
* To have primary responsibility for the overall performance of the team in meeting service objectives and quality standards.
* To identify individual and team training and development needs and to feed these to senior management to improve individual, professional and career development, and performance.
* To be responsible for ensuring that all documentation and records are maintained in accordance with policy and procedure.
* Design and implement measures to assure quality of practice and effective throughput of work, ensuring timescales set by legislation, and local procedures.
* Establish available capacity so that work is allocated appropriately across the staff group and ensure best use is made of resource, ability, interests, and ambitions.
* Utilise data to understand current demand, historical patterns, and likely future trends. Scrutinise performance and devise and implement effective and timely improvement plans.
* Build and develop influential and respectful partnerships with partner agencies.
* Respond thoughtfully and proactively to complaints and mistakes, creating learning opportunities for self, team, and the organisation.
* Be accountable for and review own practice using supervision, reflective practice, and other opportunities for continuous professional development.
* Manage a delegated budget, monitor, and control the team's expenditure.
* Maintain registration with Social Work England and adhere to the Social Work England standards of conduct, performance and ethics, and standards for continuing professional development.
* Any other duties reasonably requested by the Head of Service.
Essential requirements as a Looked after Children Social Work Team Manager includes:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work