Consultant Social Worker - Family Safeguarding Team - Hertfordshire - Up to £48,857 per annum
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Hertfordshire as a Consultant Social Worker in the Family Safeguarding Team. Hertfordshire is looking to expand its teams to cope with the growing demand within Social Work and is investing heavily in its people by providing training opportunities to help you to reach your full potential with the assistance and guidance of our specialist L&D teams.
Hertfordshire are committed to developing motivational social work practice and you will be trained to work in this way. As a Social Worker, you will be working at the forefront of best practice to deliver first class support to vulnerable children and families which will expose you to managing complex and diverse caseloads.
Hertfordshire currently have positions available in its three office locations Hertford, Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead.
Benefits as a Consultant Social Worker:
* Competitive starting salary up to £48,857pa depending on experience (including up to £5k market forces & £1k welcome payment)
* Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidates that need to relocate for the role
* Car lease scheme
* Free parking at all of our sites
* Flexible working arrangements including working from home and flexi time with accessibility to equipment to work from home, for this role
* Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
* Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
* Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
The Family Safeguarding Teams are a pioneering model of social work which consist of multi-agency teams that work with Child Protection and Child in Need cases and conduct the majority of our care proceedings. These multi-disciplinary teams consist of professionals in children's and adult social work, domestic abuse, sexual abuse, substance misuse and mental health who work together to tackle the root causes of risk in families.
* A role model for good social work practice and use your experience to develop less experienced staff.
* Passion for achieving better outcomes for vulnerable children and their families and this will be demonstrated through applying theory and research to frontline practice.
* This role will include holding a small caseload of complex work and supports development into a management role in the future. This will include conducting supervision meetings and supporting other members of the team and providing management cover in the Team Manager's absence
* A comprehensive knowledge of the challenges associated with working with children and their families is essential
* You should already have sufficient experience of staff supervision and management and be at the height of your social work career.
* The role will require you to support social workers, by assisting in court work which will include attending court, therefore a thorough knowledge of care proceedings and court experience is required
* Applicants for the role will need a professional Social Work qualification and Social Work England Registration.
* As part of this role you will be required to travel to visit service users out in the community, either in their homes or at other venues in order to undertake assessments.
* You will also be required to attend meetings at other sites other than your own work base. In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the county is required for this role a DVLA check will be required on appointment
Essential requirements of this Consultant Social Worker role:
* Social Work qualified, with extensive post qualified experience in children's services
* Social Work England registration
* The legal right to work in the UK