Social Worker - West Locality Team - Southend - £30 - £32 per hour
We have an exciting opportunity for an Adults Social Worker to join the West Locality Team in Southend.
The locality teams provide assessment and review functions for all age adults and older adults with mental ill health. The teams are undergoing a large transformation programme across adult social care to develop person-centred pathways and practice which is enabling, supportive and developing communities to become more resilient.
This post is crucial to the delivery of person-centred care assessments and supporting adults to remain as independent as possible.
Working alongside health colleagues to prevent adults from being admitted to long term residential care and supporting interdependence with the community, you will support adults and their carer's as a 'change agent' to build on their strengths, assets, and abilities to self-manage.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Supportive team
* Manageable case load
* Hybrid working
Responsibilities as a Social Worker:
* To undertake assessments under the Community Care Act and other legislation, using a self-directed support approach
* To manage a caseload as allocated
* To work with individuals to assist them to assess risk and take decisions related to their ability to function in their community environment
* To promote safeguarding awareness with service users and multi-disciplinary colleagues
* Keep updated on current safeguarding guidance and practice and be vigilant in all activities
Essential requirements Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.