Senior Social Worker - Children's Services - St Helens - £35,934 - £37,849 Plus R&R £2,000 per annum
Liquid Personnel have partnered with St Helens Children Service to provide an experienced Senior Social Worker.
As a Senior Social Worker you will work alongside and support 2 social workers, with the absolute aim to deliver the best possible service to our children.
You will be part of an integrated team based within St Helens MASH at a time of real opportunity for new developments which will benefit from your ideas and initiative. Your work will involve supporting social work colleagues to respond effectively to complex safeguarding issues. You will be expected to work in partnership and have the skills and experience of leading and chairing forums to manage and respond to complex safeguarding matters.
Benefits as a Children's Senior Social Worker:
* Regular supervision including induction and appraisal
* Access to management training and development
* Up to 30 days annual leave
* Essential car user allowance
* Excellent pension scheme
Duties and Responsibilities as a Children's Senior Social Worker:
* To provide reflective case supervision to team members overseen and as directed by the Service Lead.
* To lead on the development and implementation of Signs of Safety as our practice model, ensuring it is embedded in practice particularly in respect of complex safeguarding work.
* To champion and promote high quality practice in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures and professional standards such as the Knowledge and Skills Statements for Child and Family Practitioners.
* Work alongside and support the work of Principal Social Worker to deliver practice development and improvement in response to the quality assurance framework.
* To offer professional advice, guidance and support to social workers aimed at promoting their professional development. This may include supporting social workers in managing and developing effective care plans on high risk complex safeguarding cases and any other necessary meetings.
* To deputise for the Service Lead when they are on annual leave or absent for short periods. To chair and lead daily meetings.
* To act as a Practice Educator to students on placement and support the learning and development of others via workshops, training events and reflective group supervision as agreed with the Service Lead.
* To be responsible for the allocation of referrals involving consultation with the Service Lead in line with the Case Transfer Policy.
The successful senior social worker will be:
* Social Work qualified with a Social Work England regitration
* Have extensive post qualifying experience
* Previous experience of managing complex safeguarding and child protection
* Have experience of supervising staff
* Have experience and knowledge of safeguarding practices, procedures and legislation
* Be able to manage change effectively
* Have a commitment to anti-oppressive and anti-discriminatory practice
* Eligible to work in the UK