IRO Team Manager - Sandwell's Children Trust - £47,845 to £50,900 per annum
Liquid Personnel have recently partnered with Sandwell's Children Trust to provide them with an experienced IRO Team Manager. This is a great opportunity for a Qualified Social Worker to join a well-established service, managed by a long standing senior management team.
The Quality Assurance and Safeguarding Unit are recruiting for a Team Manager to support the delivery of the objectives and priorities within the service area and of the Trust, through engagement, consultation and negotiation with all stakeholders, utilising skills of persuasion. Within this role you will support your teams by influencing, motivating and supervising the day to day activities with the aims of delivering the service area projects and activities. The Unit includes Independent reviewing Officers (IROs); Child Protection Conference Chairs, Foster Carer IROs and LADO. This role is a 6 months fixed term position.
You will be an experienced, qualified Social Work Practitioner with excellent knowledge and application of relevant operational policies, statutory regulations and government guidance on all issues related to the social care and safeguarding of children. You will have a sound understanding of what constitutes effective practice in the care of children in need, those who are looked after, those subject to child protection activities, and their families.
Benefits of this IRO Team Manager role:
* Flexible working opportunities
* 15 days per year professional development
* High quality induction and appraisals
* Investment in reflective group supervision and supportive individual supervision
* Comprehensive training offer, including subscriptions to Community Care Inform (CCI) and Research in Practice (RiP)
* Nationally recognised Trauma informed Practice (TiP) training with Dr Karen Triesman
* Cultural Sensitivity sessions with Dr Prospera Tedam
* Clear and supported career progression
* We 'grow our own' here in Sandwell
Job description as an IRO Team Manager:
* To provide the highest level of professional service within a structure that meets the needs of children, young persons and their families by managing a specific area of child care.
* To undertake the role in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Division, local performance targets, guidance, legislation and standards set by Central Government.
* To be responsible for advice, supervision, decision, support and delegated functions.
* To be responsible for maintaining quality standards in a range of work appropriate to the post designation
Essential requirements of this IRO Team Manager role:
* Qualified Social Worker, with extensive post qualified experience in Children's Services
* Social Work England registration
* The legal right to work in the UK