Social Work - Team Manager - Assessment - Waltham Forest - up to £53,928 per annum + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Work Team Manager to hit the ground running within the Assessment Team based in Waltham Forest.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, maintaining, managing and developing statutory social work and other related services in accordance with relevant legislation, policies, guidance and procedures. Previous Assessment management experience is essential for this role.
Benefits as an Assessment Team Manager include:
* £3,000 Retention
* Local Government Continuous Service
* Pension Scheme
* Childcare vouchers - annual savings of £933 on average
Duties as an Assessment Team Manager include:
* Ensure staff effectively safeguard children & young people, ensuring that their voices are heard in all engagement processes.
* Ensure that all team members receive effective induction, supervision, appraisal and support.
* To be available for consultation and advice on complex case matters where required, taking a lead role where appropriate.
* Ensure that standards, targets and timescales are met in relation to case allocation.
* Ensure that staff are managed in line with local performance management schemes and target.
* Take appropriate action in managing performance, sickness and disciplinary issues in line with Council policies and procedures.
* Be responsible for allocation of work within the Team.
* Authorise budget expenditure within agreed authorisation limits, and within budget.
Requirements as an Assessment Team Manager include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work