Social Worker - Looked After Children - Kingston upon Thames - £34,884 to £37,722 per annum
36 hours per week
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Looked After Children Team in Kingston upon Thames.
The successful candidate will be joining the Children Looked After Team to support children and young people aged 0-18 that are accommodated by Richmond and Kingston whilst championing the views and wishes of children and young people so that they may be supported to reach their full potential.
Benefits as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* Generous annual leave entitlements
* Free or reduced parking rates
* Cycle to work scheme
* Annual season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
* Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
* A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
* A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
* Tools and models to support , including Signs of Safety
* Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
* Regular whole service away days
Duties as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* Acting as a corporate parent to our children and being the lead professional.
* Working alongside other professionals, to ensure that a child and/or young person receives appropriate care, education and health services, and any other support needed to ensure their needs are appropriately met.
* Supporting children living with relatives, friends of foster families and prospective adopters or children living in children's homes and young people in semi-independent units.
* Ensuring their safety and supporting them towards independence.
* Championing the views and wishes of our children and young people so that they may be supported to reach their full potential.
* Undertaking regular statutory visits, complete and update assessments and review the children and young people's care plan.
* Occasionally preparing reports and attending court.
Requirements as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work