Senior Social Worker - Looked After Children - Kingston - £40,869 to £43,860 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Social Worker to join the Looked After Children Team in Kingston.
As a Looked After Children Senior Practitioner, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as ensuring that the right steps are taken for children and young people in care to be supported to reach their full potential.
Benefits as a Looked After Children Senior Social Worker include:
* Generous annual leave entitlements
* Free or reduced parking rates
* Cycle to work scheme
* Annual season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
* Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
* A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
* A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
* Tools and models to support, including Signs of Safety
* Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
* Regular whole service away days
Duties as a Looked After Children Senior Social Worker include:
* Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
* Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
* Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
* Write high quality reports as required and where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
* Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
* Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
* Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
Requirements as a Looked After Children Senior Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work