Social Worker - School Project - Swindon - £37,061 to £40,072 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to join the Schools Project based in Swindon.
The project will offer a skilled Social Worker the opportunity to gain valuable and unique experience and skills and work in a role which will shape future services and make a real impact on the lives of young people and families across the town.
You will be based within a School setting, supporting designated safeguarding leads, and educational and pastoral colleagues in safeguarding children and young people.
Benefits as a School Project Social Worker include:
* Competitive pay rate
* Long contracts for good performance
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
* Flexible working available
Duties as a School Project Social Worker include:
* Carry out statutory social work which meets the threshold for statutory intervention
* Support carers to continue in their role in complex situations.
* Provide preventative advice to staff, families and young people to reduce the need for referrals which may not reach threshold for statutory work
* Maintain a caseload of children who may be subject to a child in need service, on a Child Protection plan or Children Looked After Work closely with the Youth Offending team to support children who are involved in or becoming involved in antisocial behaviour or criminal behaviour
* Work with identified children in the context of their family, wider community and school community Work with Designated Safeguarding Leads to build better relationships with families and better understand their needs Work with feeder primary schools to support an integrated family approach if needed
* Ensure accurate and timely recording of all information and activity onto the social care records database in accordance with work targets set by the Team Manager and Supervisor.
* Gather sufficient information about individuals to assess their needs against eligibility criteria.
Requirements as a School Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work