Service Manager - Youth Justice and Contextual Harm - Merton - £55,560 to £57,147 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Service Manager to Join the Youth Justice and Contextual Harm Team based in Merton.
Merton are looking for a talented Service Manager with strong operational Social Work management experience to lead and manage groups of Social Work Teams in Youth Justice and Contextual Harm service.
These positions offer a rare opportunity for people who may be interested in taking the next step to broaden their management experience and hold multiple Social Work or Intervention Teams.
The successful Service Manager will have experience of managing statutory social work or youth justice teams / services to children, young people, and families. Also have In-depth and advanced knowledge of legislation, guidance, and research as it relates to statutory and preventative youth justice and children's social care functions.
Benefits of this Service Manager role are:
* Excellent learning and development programme
* Manageable caseloads
* Appreciation and recognition - you can rest assured that we will fully support you in your role through regular supervision and team meetings
* Car allowance - essential user car allowance of £963 per annum
* Golden hello - we offer a £1500 welcome payment, with half payable on arrival and the other half payable after successful completion of probationary period.
* Annual Leave
* Relocation package - If eligible, you may be reimbursed up to £12,000.
* Staff recognition - we hold an annual staff excellence awards programme, where staff are invited to nominate colleagues who regularly provide excellent service. The winners are invited to attend an awards evening for dinner and to collect their award. A great night is always had by all!
* Anyone for tennis? - being the host borough to the Wimbledon tennis championships each year, staff are invited to enter an annual ballot for the opportunity to get tickets. The money raised by the nominal entrance fee goes to the Mayor's charity.
Duties of this Service Manager role are:
* To be responsible for the quality of work and performance with all children, young people, and their families within a designated service portfolio.
* To be responsible for the direct line management of up to 7 direct reports and maintaining oversight of quality and performance across their teams and practitioners.
* To ensure consistent and high-quality implementation of the social work practice model
* To create the conditions within the service for group supervision; reflective supervision; appreciative inquiry; learning from practice and celebration of achievements
* To be responsible for ensuring smooth transitions of children and young people to other service areas where necessary.
* To contribute to, identify and drive forward innovative projects.
* To take lead responsibility for formulating business plans capable of commanding support, and commitment of resources, from chief officers and members of relevant local agencies. The plan will need to set out high quality services for protecting children at risk of significant harm and intervening to meet the needs of children and young people in a timely manner.
* To be responsible for undertaking regular service, team and casework reviews of practice to ensure that social work intervention is purposeful, evidence-based and of a high quality.
* To develop service and action plans to develop and strengthen areas of practice identified for improvement
* To be responsible for the efficient and effective management of the resources available to the service, from the Council and other sources.
Essential requirements of this Service Manager role are:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work