Social Worker - Looked after Children/ Permanence Team - Coventry - £32,234 to £38,890 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Worker to join the Looked After Children/ Permanence Team based in Coventry.
Coventry are looking for Social Workers who are committed to achieving the best for children, young people, and families.
Coventry is a vibrant and diverse authority covering the city, ensuring the smooth running of a highly efficient Social Work Team carrying out assessments, as part of court proceedings and pro-actively planning with children and young people who are looked after.
Working within a highly regarded, efficient and caring service you will be part of one of four Social Work Teams consisting of a Team Manager, Senior Practitioner, a Children and Family worker and a mixture of experienced and Newly Qualified Social Workers.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Competitive salary and Pension Scheme
* Relocation Package for new starters of up to £8K
* An extensive Training Programme and investment in your professional development with close links to universities
* A clear career structure
* Family-friendly working environment and a commitment to good work/life balance
* Regular Supervision and support
* Excellent management support and manageable caseloads
* Health and Wellbeing programmes
* Car Leasing facility
* Wider Wallet employee Benefit scheme offering discounts nationally and locally
* Refund for re-registration of current HCPC Certificate Deductions from salary benefits include:
* Prudential AVC's/Westfield Health/Simply Health/Credit Union/Give as You Earn Scheme/Travel Passes Salary Sacrifice Scheme benefits include:
* MyCar scheme - salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, benefit of driving a brand-new low-cost car for up to 3 years for an all-inclusive, fixed monthly gross cost (must complete probationary successfully)
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Holiday purchase scheme which enables employees to purchase up to 74 hours (pro-rata) additional leave (subject to the needs of the service and manager approval
Duties of this Social Worker role include:
* Work closely with children, young people and their families, other staff within the service function and partner agencies to provide support and protection for children and young people in need and at risk.
* Promote a range of services which carry out statutory duties as required by legislation and guidance.
* Assess the needs of children, young people, and families to plan and implement suitable multi-agency interventions and service provisions to meet need and review outcomes.
* Manage a caseload with a high level of complexity and risk including those children subject to care proceedings and child protection plans.
* Supporting reunification to family where assessed to be safe and appropriate.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
* Care planning
* LAC reviews
* Care proceedings
* Strong knowledge of the PLO process
* Working with looked after children up to the age of 18
* Section 20 voluntary accommodation