Head of Service - Children in Care/ Fostering - Dudley - £75,914 to £87,754 per annum.
Liquid personnel are currently recruiting a Head of Service to join the Children in Care/ Fostering Team based in Dudley.
Dudley's Director of Public Health and Wellbeing is seeking to recruit a full-time equivalent Consultant in Public Health/Heads of Service to provide strategic public health leadership across the council and wider partnerships.
They have strong focus on tackling health inequalities, building healthier communities and creating places, services, and models of working that strengthen and develop our approach to prevention.
The successful candidate can be full, part time or job share and will have a track record of delivery as inspirational public health leaders, agile team players who have applied their high-level skills across their work to enable effective transformation, policy and programme development which embeds a public health approach.
You will form part of the Senior Leadership Team which includes 4 Consultants in Public Health, Head of Health Protection, Emergency Planning and Regulatory Services and will be supported by committed teams
Benefits of this Head of Service role include:
* Great transport links
* Position that provides great career enhancement
* Friendly and supportive team
* Supportive management
* Progression and Secondment opportunities
* Work flexibly and are open to discuss hours to suit.
Duties of this Head of Service role include:
* Lead, manage and co-ordinate a defined service area or service functions with full operational responsibility and accountability.
* Effectively manage and control a range of resources (human, financial, technological) to provide and/or commission high quality services that meet the needs of Dudley's residents and provide excellence in client and customer service.
* Ensure effective and high-quality business and service planning processes, including setting, monitoring, and recording of delivery against clearly defined objectives and outcomes and in accordance with corporate requirements. Ensure that the service(s) meet expectations and achieves service objectives through adopting a proactive, positive, and effective approach to performance management at individual and service level.
* Exercise any delegated statutory powers allocated to the post holder in accordance Job Description with the Council's Constitution.
Essential requirements of this Head of Service role include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work