Social Worker - Children Assessments Team - Devon - up to £40 per hour
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Worker to join the Children Assessments Team based in Devon.
The successful Social Worker will support several children and families through undertaking parenting assessments (including PAMs where trained), risk assessments and viability assessments.
Benefits as a Children Assessments Social Worker include:
* Competitive pay rate
* Long contracts for good performance
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
* Flexible working available
Duties as a Children Assessments Social Worker include:
* To use and model a restorative practice approach to build and maintain healthy relationships
* To confidently undertake interviews, observations and gather information from children, families, and other agencies to analyse, summarise and evaluate the information to provide a holistic assessment of a child's needs, balancing risk and protective factors.
* To produce focused outcomes-based and purposeful care plans for interventions within the context of managing the needs of and risk to children.
* To understand theories of child development, parenting capacity and family and environmental factors and use evidence-based practice to establish the needs of individual children.
* To be responsible for investigations into cases where children have suffered or are likely to suffer significant harm and provide written and verbal reports
* Based on assessed needs and risks, to work with families to devise, implement and review care plans, including the development and management of child protection plans for all children who require them in line with child protection procedures
* To be knowledgeable about and enable families to access a range of appropriate services and interventions to meet the needs of children, their families, and carers
* To attend court as directed, present evidence and represent Devon County Council and to inform decisions about the child or young person's future
* To chair multi agency meetings (e.g. Children in Need, core group,)
Essential requirements as a Children Assessments Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.