Social Worker - Looked After Children - Lambeth - £32 to £35 per hour
Liquid Personnel currently have an opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to join the Looked After Children Team based in Lambeth.
The successful candidate's goal will be to implement positive change in complex cases in children, families and carers lives by using systemic social work methods, models and tools, with the aims of helping them to be as independent as possible. Previous experience within a similar role is essential to be successful in this role.
Benefits as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
* Flexible working available
* Competitive pay rate
* Long contracts for good performance
Duties as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* Lead and oversee professional judgements in the context of the relevant legal and policy frameworks.
* To also manage and minimise risks of abuse and neglect as well as meeting care needs while exercising a high quality of professional judgement.
* Undertake and advise on high need comprehensive/complex and proportionate assessments of children using the assessment framework, to plan how those needs will be met, to support them with putting those plans in to action and review those plans and reassess needs.
* Establish and develop collaborative robust working with partner agencies; and promote, model and be accountable for effective inter-agency working arrangements to ensure children are protected from risk of significant harm and their care needs are met.
* Carry out safeguarding enquiries, support the work of others involved in these
* enquiries, and to support children, families and carers with care and support needs to develop and put in to action plans appropriate to their wishes and circumstances.
* Act in the role of the lead professional and be accountable in complex, statutory cases that require a qualified children's social worker, particularly child protection, care proceedings and looked after children cases.
Requirements as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.