Supervising Social Worker - Fostering Service - Warwickshire - £29,577 - £32,234 per annum
Contract: permanent, full time
We are currently looking for a Supervising Social Worker to join a Fostering Service in Warwickshire. The role of the Supervising Social Worker is a key position that brings together the needs of looked after children and young people with the support and management of foster carers.
In this role, you will support your carers with regular supervision, support at all professionals meetings and work alongside the Children's Teams. You will complete annual reviews and attend Warwickshire Fostering Panel when necessary. Your work will be child focused, analytical, and based on safeguarding evidence. Your role is to secure permanency for children.
The team are offering this role so that they can meet the needs of an increasingly growing fostering service.
Benefits of this Supervising Social Worker role include:
* Flexible working available
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Career progression
* Stable and supportive team and management
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Recruitment and assessment of prospective special guardians, kinship, connected persons carers & general carers in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
* Assists with local recruitment activities, including participation in initiatives, as well as monitoring and evaluation of effectiveness of methods
* Undertakes initial visits
* Undertakes formal assessment using the BAAF Form F and adhering to the standards and requirements of the process
* Presentation of Form F and support of carer applicants at panel for this role
Essential requirements of this Supervising Social Worker role:
* Qualified Social Worker, with extensive post qualified experience
* Social Work England registration
* The legal right to work in the UK