Social Worker / Senior Practitioner- Children with Disabilities - Redbridge (Ilford) - Up to £49,839 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Worker to work in the Children with Disabilities Team based in Ilford.
The successful Social Worker will work across the full spectrum of social work interventions which includes Child Protection, Children in Need, Looked After Children and Transitions. They will be expected to practice effectively, exercising higher quality judgements, in situations of increasing complexity, risk, uncertainty and challenge.
Benefits as a Children with Disabilities Social Work include:
* Retention payment up to £3,000
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* 36 hour working week
* Generous holiday allowance, 31 days plus bank holidays
* Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave schemes
* Flexible working arrangements and working from home
* Access to comprehensive training and development programme
* Season ticket travel - interest free loan to pay for travel between work and home
Duties as a Children with Disabilities Social Work include:
* Provide a quality social work service to children, young people and their families/carers to ensure an environment which safeguards and promotes their welfare.
* To participate in the development and implementation of a business plan for people with learning disabilities
* Exercise a higher quality judgement, in situations of increasing complexity, risk, uncertainty and challenge.
* To assist in the management of the resources of the team including work allocation and quality management, budget control and the provision of supervision and appraisal, (including planning, arranging and where appropriate the provision of training and development activity) to team members and others
* To foster and promote multi-agency partnership working amongst the voluntary and statuary/non statuary sector strengthening the care management process, to improve outcomes for people with a learning disability and their families and carers
* To ensure that working procedures and practices in relation to care management, community development and service provision comply with statutory duties, functions, policies, and procedural guidelines
* To ensure that services are delivered in line with the action plan identified in the business plan.
* To ensure that the organisations key strategic plans and objectives are translated and reflected in the working practices.
* To advise the team manager on any issues, changes or constraints which require attention to improve the effectiveness of services
Requirements as a Children with Disabilities Social Work include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work