Senior Social Worker - Children in Need - Stowmarket - up to £39,759 per annum + £3,500 Retention Bonus
We are currently looking for a Senior Social Worker to join a Children in Need Team based in Stowmarket, Suffolk.
The successful candidate will be working with children subject to s17 and s47 assessment, a child in need, and child protection plans.
Benefits as a Children in Need Senior Social Worker:
* Working for one of the leading social work authorities in the UK, whose children's services are rated as 'Outstanding' by Ofsted - 'Services for children are of an exceptionally high standard. They are child-focused and make a positive difference to children's lives.' (Ofsted, 2019)
* £3,500 retention payment annually
* Car lease scheme
* Performance related pay progression
* Instant e-vouchers for some of the UKs top retailers, such as 8% off at M&S, 5% off at Tesco and 4% off at Sainsburys. Plus discounts at hundreds of other retailers and brands
* Financial wellbeing support, including low interest loan
* Access to the Suffolk Credit Union
* Tax free bike scheme
* Flexible working arrangements - you can apply for different work patterns, sabbaticals & job sharing
* Generous annual leave - up to 36 days per year
* Clear career progression path
* Relocation package up to £8000
* Welcome loan of £2,000 for all new social workers moving to Suffolk.
* Local Government Pesnion Scheme (LGPS)
* Staff can commute on public transport at half price on most routes, and for free on the following routes: Mulleys buses in BuryPark and Ride, Route 8/13 and free town centre shuttle in Ipswich or Route 101 in Lowestoft
Duties of this Children in Need Senior Social Worker include:
* Responsibility for delivering a high-quality and responsive social work service for vulnerable children.
* Act as the lead professional in statutory cases - including child protection, care proceedings, and looked after children - while undertaking the full range of social work tasks with children in need and their families.
* Working collaboratively with allied health and social care practitioners, bringing together and coordinating the team around the child to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach to safeguarding, as well as assessment, planning, implementation and review (APIR).
* Applied knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance.
* A good communicator, confident in APIR and understand the needs of children and young people.
Essential requirements of this Children in Need Senior Social Worker role include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A full UK licence holder
* Post-qualified experience
* Completed ASYE