Children and Family Worker - Sunderland - £12.69 per hour
We are currently looking for a Children and Family Worker to join our client in Sunderland. The successful candidate will supervise contact between Looked After children and their families to ensure children benefit from safe, meaningful contact with family members, at times when they have to live apart.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with previous experience working with children, young people, and their families, to become part of a highly skilled and dedicated team.
The benefits of this Children and Family Worker include:
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Career development opportunities
* Stable and supportive team and management
Duties as a Children and Family Worker:
* To transport children as required, ensuring that contact arrangements are met in a venue, which may include travelling outside of the City of Sunderland.
* To ensure case recording is accurate and up to date, in order that high quality reports are produced for meetings and reviews.
* To establish effective working relationships with children, families, and professionals to achieve best outcomes for children.
* To be proactive and solution focused to ensure that contact takes place as planned and to communicate any changes verbally and in writing with all parties.
* To plan and organise workload, ensuring transport and venue arrangements are in place so as to make best use of available resources, identifying gaps and working flexibly to find solutions.
* To sensitively manage the supervision of contact sessions, having the ability to engage with children and adults to redirect problem behaviour to more positive engagement.
Essential requirements of this Children and Family Worker:
* Current driving licence and access to a car or means to mobility support
* Relevant level 3 qualification (NVQ Level 3, in childcare, social care or equivalent) or the ability to work towards this within a reasonable timescale
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* We will assist you from the initial phone call onwards throughout the whole process
* Twice weekly payroll
* Competitive hourly rates
* Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
* Interview and coaching support
* Pre and post placement support to ensure you're happy in the role