Social Worker - Children Looked After - Lewisham - £32 to £35 per hour
Liquid Personnel currently have an opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to join the Children Looked After Team based in Lewisham.
The successful candidate will provide an accountable statutory social work service to children, young people and their families/carers, to include assessment, intervention, case planning and review, appropriate to the work of the team and service unit.
Benefits as a Children Looked After Social Worker include:
* Competitive pay rate
* Long contracts for good performance
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
* Flexible working available
Duties as a Children Looked After Social Worker include:
* Be responsible for undertaking all social work on allocated cases, or those worked with on a short-term assessment basis
* Maintain accurate records of all work undertaken on behalf of the Directorate, and to ensure that service users are aware of their right to see such records.
* Ensure that service users are aware of their right to complain about the service they receive.
* Produce case reports and correspondence for a variety of readership, including meetings, conferences, court, other agencies and service users.
* Ensure that all work is undertaken in compliance with policies, procedures, guidance and legislation.
* Ensure that the needs of service users/carers from all communities are addressed, and that close attention is paid to equalities issues in all aspects of work.
* Participate in duty systems for the service unit, as appropriate.
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships at appropriate levels with other agencies relevant to the work of the unit.
* Input data, using Information Technology, as required.
* Take responsibility for one's own, and others safety, by ensuring that team members and other staff are not knowingly exposed to risk of violence.
* Attend, contribute and participate fully in supervision, in accordance with the Department's supervision policy.
Requirements as a Children Looked After Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.