Social Worker - Hospital Discharge Team - St Helens - £22 to £24 per hour
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Worker to join the Hospital Discharge Team based in St Helens.
This successful Social Worker will be responsible for conducting reviews and further assessments, to ensure throughput of patients and avoiding and bed blocking.
This role will be partly office based, partly working from home/at the care homes on a weekly rota basis.
Benefits as a Hospital Discharge Social Worker include:
* Competitive pay rate
* Long contracts for good performance
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
* Flexible working available
Duties as a Hospital Discharge Social Worker include:
* To work collaboratively with colleagues across the Contact Cares range of services
* to ensure safe and efficient discharge, and to work with colleagues in partner organisations in a way that contributes to the ongoing delivery of St Helens Cares.
* Complete complex multi-disciplinary assessments and provide on-going case management for people who may have unstable and unpredictable conditions, with appropriate supervision from Team Manager, Assistant Team Manager or Senior Care Manager, within the criteria of each individual service.
* To offer and conduct assessments for carers in relation to their own needs as distinct from those of the individuals being cared for.
* Where possible seek to sustain and maintain individuals in the community whose challenging behaviours present a risk to the individual and others, with appropriate supervision from Team Manager, Assistant Team Manager or Senior Care Managers.
* To identify eligible needs and / or outcomes and identify appropriate services to meet those needs / outcomes including Self Directed Support options.
* To make decisions in relation to the Mental Capacity Act regarding best interests and capacity, with appropriate supervision from Team Manager, Assistant Team Manager and Senior Care Manager.
* To participate in staff appraisal, supervision and training including as appropriate.
Essential requirements as a Hospital Discharge Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.