Social Worker - Older Adults Mental Health - Waltham Forest - £31,557 to £40,869 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Older Adults Mental Health Team based in the south of the Borough in Red Oak Lodge.
We are looking for a Social Worker who has a strong desire to work with older adults and has a positive outlook on older age. The successful candidate will be based in the Older Adults Mental Health Team as part of the specialist social work division. There is roughly a 50:50 split of service users with Dementia and functional mental illnesses.
The London Borough of Waltham Forest is fiercely ambitious. We want to make sure each and every one of our residents enjoys a good quality life. Over the past few years, the borough has changed significantly for the better. Good schools, great parks, excellent culture facilities, mass regeneration and budding community entrepreneurship are making it a place that people want to call home. We've also recently been the first 'London Borough of Culture'.
In line with our ambitions, the Adult Social Care service in Waltham Forest has plans to progress to excellence. We want the service to enable the most vulnerable residents to be resilient, independent, safe and well.
Benefits as an Older Adults Mental Health Social Worker include:
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
Duties as an Older Adults Mental Health Social Worker include:
* Undertake Care Act eligibility assessments.
* Attend Recovery panel and secure packages of care, housing and placements.
* Raise and investigate safeguarding concerns. All of this work will be recorded on mosaic and you will need to be skilled in your knowledge and use of it.
* Expected to carry a case load of complex cases and be responsible for delivering high quality care to a diverse community. This will mean producing high quality care to a diverse community.
* Producing high quality work in terms of the Care Act and associated legislation.
* Working with challenging cases in terms of the daily lives of our client group.
* Responding to safeguarding enquires, carrying out duties under DoLs, reviewing care packages, residential placements direct payments and responding to members enquiries.
* Involved in duty work including prompt responses to hospital discharges. You will need excellent clinical case management skills because you will carry a case load of highly challenging complex cases with multifactorial needs.
* Reporting to Practice manager and Team Manager you will help reshape the way we deliver services to our clients in a post COVID world. This will involve working with clients to achieve fulfilling lives through community based support with appropriate accommodation, meaningful activities as well as person centred services utilising best practise.
Requirements as an Older Adults Mental Health Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work